The Junior High years are critically important in the development and transformation of a young person.
~ Eric Baldwin, Jr. High School Principal
Our teachers are well aware that prayer, structure, personal attention, love, daily reminders, study skills, and spiritual encouragement are necessary tools to help our students experience academic and spiritual success.
A Christ-centered, college preparatory education involves providing a complete and standards based curriculum with exposure to our fine and performing arts classes designed to help our junior high students discover their creative gifts and talents as they grow into well-rounded individuals. Knowing that our students benefit from an educational program that provides guided structure along with opportunities to problem solve, to think critically and creatively, the TCCS Jr. High teachers design their lesson plans to with these important foundations in mind.
Relationships between faculty and students create a vibrant atmosphere at TCCS and our students know that their teachers care deeply about them.
More you should know about the Jr. High Academic Program:
- A 7-period schedule that includes Bible, Math, Science, Social Studies, English, Physical Education, and an Elective
- High School Spanish I and American Sign Language I for 8th grade students who qualify
- ACSI Math Olympics
- Johns Hopkins Talent Program for those who qualify
- 7th grade Star of India visit
- 7th grade Sea World trip
- 7th grade Medieval Times trip
- 8th grade courthouse visit
- 8th grade East Coast study tour
We encourage spiritual growth through:
- making the Bible relevant in our daily living and we have an outstanding Jr. High Bible and Chapel program
- getting involved in the community service days where we visit those who need physical, emotional, or spiritual encouragement
- encouraging our peers as we know how much we all need to encourage and love one another
- competing athletically in such a way as to bring honor to Jesus Christ. Our Jr. High students will leave prepared and equipped for success as they continue on their journey!
In His Service,
Jr. High School Principal