- Art 7th & 8th Grade: As part of the enrichment wheel, this course will focus on the Elements and the Principles of Design. Students will use a variety of drawing and painting media as they learn these, including pencil, pastel, watercolor, and tempera paint. Many of the projects are designed to reinforce ideas or introduce new concepts that students are learning in across the academic curriculum.
- Drama 7th & 8th Grade: This course introduces students to the basics of drama and helps students to develop an appreciation of dramatic literature and the dramatic profession through reading scripts and reading and writing projects. Through dramatic activities students are provided an arena to improve and polish personal skills. Students also gain an appreciation for the history of theater and the acting profession.
Digital Media Arts
- This course covers studies movie planning, digital still picture editing, non-linear editing and DVD creation.
- The new technologies of electronic communication are relegating old and freed media such as pamphlets, platforms and periodicals to a corner of the public platform.
- Family analog pictures and video are oxidizing in boxes in our closets. This course will teach students to capture these memories digitally, artistically edit and preserve them in a digital format that their families can enjoy for years to come.